What is the Whole House Water Filter?
A whole house water filter is a point of entry water treatment system. This type of filter connects to the main water line in your house and dispenses clean water free of sediment, rust, iron, chlorine, fluoride and other chemicals.
What are the benefits of the whole house water filter?
In your Kitchen:
- Bad taste and odor removed from your water.
- All your kitchen water using appliances are protected from hard water damage.
- Washing dishes requires less effort and cleaning supplies.
In your Bathroom:
- No need to replace showerhead filter cartridge.
- No soap scum – less cleaning time and money saved for cleaning products.
- Your skin and hair not affected by hard water and other contaminants.
In your Laundry:
- Decreases the use of detergent to clean your laundry.
- Protects your clothing and bedding from hard water, increases the life of these items.
- Protects your washing machine from hard water damage.
A tip: Water Softeners are designed to remove hardness minerals, while water filters remove a more extensive scope of contaminants, but both filters can be combined in one unit.
What type of Whole House Water Filter do I need?
Regardless of the whole house water treatment system being considered, the water should be first tested to determine what contaminants are present. For example, municipal city water supply most of the time poses the concern for chlorine, fluoride, hardness minerals, sediment, toxic heavy metals, and other chemicals. The results of a water analysis can be found in your city annual quality water report. While private well water supply owners need to perform their own water analysis test.Contact us for more information